Keep balloons fun! Be responsible!
- Latex is harvested by tapping the rubber tree in a manner that does not harm the tree.
- When latex is processed, each part of the product is used.
- After the tree no longer produces latex, it is harvested and its wood is turned into lumber.
- Each year mature trees are tapped, old trees are harvested, new trees are planted, and CO2 is consumed.
Latex Balloon Info
When you see a clear balloon start to "fog" when in the sun, you are seeing it beginning to oxidize and photodegrade. The rate of degradation is highly variable as it's influenced by many variables such as temperature, the amount of light, the presence of latex consuming microbes, etc.
When handling balloons, always remember:
- Never release balloons into the atmosphere.
- Never inhale helium gas.
- Always use a balloon pump or proper inflation equipment to inflate your balloons.
- Always secure helium-filled balloons with a weight.
- When you're done enjoying your balloons, cut the ends and properly dispose.
- Keep children safe when playing with balloons and dispose any deflated or popped balloons right away.